Monday, July 6, 2009

ASHES



CAUGHT BETWEEN
LIGHT AND DARKNESS
IN A SAVAGE TIME
I TRIED TO GIVE MEANING
TO THE VOICELESS
AND THE DYING
I SOMETIMES SPOKE TO TRAVELERS
ON THEIR HAUNTED ROAD TO NOWHERE
DURING MOMENTS  OF INDECISION

LOST BEFORE
A VACANT SUN
ON AN EMPTY HIGHWAY
I BUILT MY FAILING
IN QUIET DESPERATION
AS I FOLLOWED LIFE TO NOWHERE
LIKE A CAN KICKED ON FOREVER
THROUGH THE JAGGED
FOCUS OF MY MIND

I LOOKED FOR
A KINDER FATE 
WHILE PAINTING
PICTURES ON THE SKY
BUT I NEVER KNEW THAT STARLIGHT
WOULD BURN OUT
BOTH MY EYES
OR THE BRISTLES OF MY BRUSH
WOULD TURN TO ASHES

Robert Parker Jameson Nov 2008

1 comment:

  1. Good job so far, Bobby!
    Let me ask you, purely out of curiosity: what's the chance you'll post some of your song lyrics on here as well?? I'm left to wonder what some of the words were to some of your songs--that's the only reason I ask. As many times as I've given your music a listen, you were kind of hard to understand sometimes, when you were younger. No offense.
    So, no way for me to know unless I ask.
    Forgive me. I consider myself a very loyal reader & listener of yours, and you never cease to amaze me with all you do.
    Best wishes, and again, this is a wonderful new blog--one more bright spot on the Internet, in my opinion,
    ~~VickyLou

    ReplyDelete