Tuesday, July 7, 2009

EMPTY HANDS



GONE THE SUMMER'S
CRIMSON CAST
GONE THE THING
SHE HOPED WOULD LAST
NOTHING NOW
BUT MEMORIES
FALLEN LOW
LIKE AUTUMN LEAVES

HERE THE CHILL
OF DISTANT EYES
CAUGHT INSIDE
HER COMPROMISE
LOVE THAT WAS
IS LOVE NOW DIM
HE IS JUST
ANOTHER HIM

THE LONG PARADE
OF NAMES AND FACES
HISTORY OF
THE TIMES AND PLACES
GOOD AND BAD DAYS
ALWAYS ENDED
THROWN AWAY
AND UNATTENDED

LIFE IS CARELESS
SOMETIMES CHEAP
REGRETS HER VOW
SHE COULDN'T KEEP
PATTERNS CIRCLE
IN THE SANDS
OF LOVE NOW GONE
FROM EMPTY HANDS

Robert Parker Jameson Dec 10, 2008

2 comments:

  1. This poem describes the emptiness of a broken relationship for me. Your genius with words is truly a gift and my thanks to you for sharing it. My loneliness at 3am is made easier knowing that you understand and can verbalize how I feel. A Lonely Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. The anonymous commenter above me has a point. I couldn't have put it better myself. When I was reading your blogs at 3am (Cleveland time), it was because I was lonely, so I understand what she's saying completely.
    I promise I won't comment too much here, but I had something to say about the previous comment.
    The poem itself is absolutely lovely. Bobby, your pen + paper = pure magic...in my opinion.
    ~~VickyLou

    ReplyDelete